North Texas Local Government and Municipal Law
The roots of Boyle & Lowry go back to 1975 when John F.Boyle Jr. partnered with Ray Hutchison to form the law firm of Hutchison, Price, Boyle, and Brooks in Dallas. That law firm was the first in Texas to represent public entities collectively as general counsel, special counsel and as bond counsel. In 1995 John F. Boyle Jr. and L. Stanton Lowry formed Boyle & Lowry for the continuation of the practice of local government and municipal law.
At Boyle & Lowry, we believe in doing what we do best: getting positive results for public entities. To achieve these positive results, we provide accurate, efficient and timely advice and counsel on legal issues affecting our clients. Our mission is to assist clients in achieving their goals and objectives, subject to and limited by applicable law. We believe in public representation with a customized level of service that is best suited to each particular client's needs.
We are keenly aware of precedent-setting cases and changing legislation that continually affect municipalities and other local government entities. With more than 125 years of combined experience in the areas of municipal and local government law, our attorneys can develop innovative yet practical solutions that a general law practice firm may not be aware of. Our expertise also enables us to more efficiently accomplish the job and achieve the desired results: our years of experience let us provide quality results while charging competitive fees.
Boyle & Lowry was founded on the philosophy that effective representation demands focusing in on a smaller body of law. Our attorneys practice exclusively in the areas of municipal and local government law. Our expertise and particular emphasis includes:
- Annexation and boundary issues
- Economic development and incentives
- Tax abatement
- Public improvement districts
- Land use, zoning and planning
- Real estate development
- Governmental contracts
- Public works and construction
- Eminent domain, inverse condemnation and regulatory takings
- Employment and labor
- Telecommunications, electric deregulation, public utility regulations and cable franchises
- Water rights and drainage issues - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (formerly TNRCC)
- Municipal and local government regulation of gas and oil drilling
- School Law
- Constitutional claims and civil rights
- Public finance and municipal bonds
- Urban affairs
- Legislative and administrative process
- Open meetings and public records
- Utility districts, water districts and special districts
- Tort claims, wrongful death and personal injury
- Trial and appellate litigation in state and federal courts
Building Long-Term Relationships
We know that client satisfaction depends on more than a single favorable outcome. Having a working relationship with our clients is also a critical component of long-term confidence and satisfaction. As a testament to our level of service and commitment to forming long-lasting relationships with our clients, we have, for many years, provided City Attorney services to a number of municipalities and public entities throughout Texas. These municipal clients include:
- Mount Vernon
We serve as General Counsel for:
- Grapevine Housing Authority
- Dallas County Utility and Reclamation District (DCURD)
- Irving Building and Standards Commission
- Irving Flood Control District No. 3 (Valley Ranch)
- Irving Flood Control District No. 1
- Irving Housing and Human Services Department
- Westlake Academy Charter School
- Valwood Improvement Authority
- Upper Trinity Regional Water District.
In addition, serve as special counsel to numerous cities and local governments throughout the state of Texas for many years.
Responding to your needs is something we do best. Our lawyers pride themselves on keeping open lines of communication with our clients. All phone calls and e-mails are promptly returned. Legal opinions and documents are timely submitted. We keep you informed. Of equal importance, we are accessible. You can call on us before, during or after business hours and we will be available to help you.
To speak to an attorney: Call 972-650-7100 or contact us. From our office in the Las Colinas area of Irving, we serve clients throughout Texas.